Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
This is a full-time position that will provide first level technical support for the staff at Youth Villages. Duties include, but are not limited to, answering support calls, emails, IMs, and walk-up requests and documenting these issues in the work order tracking software. As a member of the IT Department you will work with a team of technicians to resolve issues and implement changes.
Responsibilities and Functions:
• Help Desk
o Answer support calls to the IT Help Desk phone line and create work orders for these calls in the ticket tracking software.
o Create work orders for incoming email support requests sent to the IT department.
o Provide professional first level PC/network troubleshooting to individuals contacting the IT Department.
• PC Troubleshooting
o Basic PC troubleshooting on Windows 7 and 10 network
o Basic network troubleshooting on a TCP/IP network
• Hardware Inventory Management
o Manage workstation inventory and search for equipment to be retired
o Process replacement requests and work with Youth Villages staff members to ensure timely replacement of hardware.
• User Management
o Help maintain email and security group membership and file/folder permissions.
Qualifications (education & experience required/preferred)
Knowledge and Skills
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
• Willingness to learn and grow as an IT Professional
• Excellent organizational skills and must be detail-oriented and flexible
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Basic Hardware/Software troubleshooting skills
• General knowledge of MS Office 2007/2010/2013
• Fast and Accurate typing skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment
• General knowledge of Windows 7/2008/2012, Active Directory, and Exchange is a plus
Education and Experience
• Must possess a minimum of an Associates Degree in a computer-related concentration or equivalent experience. A+ and other certifications are a plus.
• Experience troubleshooting PCs in a Windows network
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidays
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)