Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30 years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
An essential component of Youth Villages’ national impact strategy, is partnering with state and county public agencies and other community-based organizations to deliver YVLifeSet and dramatically improve the outcomes of older youth exiting foster care across the country. The Business Development Associate will help establish new partnerships. The role includes identifying locations, landscape research and analysis, outreach to public and private agencies, communications and event logistics. The Strategic Partnerships Department works closely as a team and the Business Development Associate will be asked and encouraged to assist in all aspects of the department’s initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Research state/county landscapes, private providers, potential funding mechanisms (government and private) and new business opportunities and trends for YVLifeSet partnerships
• Draft proposals, one-pagers and written materials communicating our work internally and externally
• Assist in initial as well as ongoing communications efforts and presentations including information packets, PowerPoint presentations, letters and email and collaborating with the Youth Villages marketing department
• Assist with managing the process and reviewing responses to grant request to YV for YVLifeSet expansion
• Follow current policies, practices, legislation, funding and trends related to transitioning youth and at-risk children and families
• Support efforts to elevate foster youth voice in advocacy and strategy internally and externally
• Cultivate relationships with a broad range of diverse stakeholders who span ethnicities, racial backgrounds, personal viewpoints, age and communities of origin
• Manage logistics for events hosted and/or attended by Youth Villages including invitations, menu, agenda, venue and follow-up
• Support relationship database management (e.g., salesforce), thank you-notes, ensuring the team keeps up with relationship management
• As a member of the Strategic Partnerships Department, must be flexible with additional job duties, including conference attendance, special projects, some additional travel and providing support to team members
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, social services or other relevant degree is required
• Two years of relevant post-collegiate work experience preferred
• Personal life experience with foster care, child welfare, child protective services strongly preferred. Youth Villages believes this experience will uniquely position our Business Development Associate to offer a critical perspective and inform the expansion of transition-age youth services to improve outcomes of older youth exiting foster care.
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidays
Paid Parental Leave